Description of Services
PROCEED constantly assesses and identifies customer needs and responds to these by incorporating new state of the art programs and services. Annually, PROCEED provides an array of social, health, and energy conservation services to approximately 16,000 individuals and families throughout Union County. Most of the services rendered are free; however, there are some services that are based on a sliding-scale fee.
PROCEED also provides individual and group level, local and national capacity building assistance, training, curricula, program development, and service implementation. In the past year, PROCEED has provided these services to over 100 organizations and 1,000 individuals in the HIV/AIDS and substance abuse fields.
PROCEED’s services are organized under six general categories:
- Family Resources: PROCEED provides preschool services for children ages 3-4 who live in Elizabeth, NJ as well as provide services to enroll eligible children into health insurance programs. Parenting services are offered along with child abuse and neglect prevention counseling and intensive in-home counseling. There is also counseling available to adolescents and families and general youth counseling. Additionally, eligible families can participate in economic self-sufficiency courses and savings programs.
- HIV/AIDS Services: PROCEED provides counseling and testing, prevention case management, health education, risk reduction workshops, client support groups, community outreach, and treatment education. Emergency rental, utility, and food assistance is also provided. Also, PROCEED operates a transitional house for men living with HIV/AIDS.
- Homelessness and Unemployment Assistance: PROCEED provides financial emergency assistance for rent, utilities, and food for clients in danger of becoming homeless. Employment information and referrals are available. Individuals and families can also receive information and referrals for additional services, entitlements, and appropriate programs in the community.
- Home Repair and Utility Payment: PROCEED provides senior citizen home repair and low to moderate income housing development services. Utility payment assistance and energy conservation are also available to income-eligible residents of Union County.
- Substance Abuse Treatment: PROCEED provides individual and group substance abuse/alcohol abuse treatment, counseling, and educational workshops aimed at raising community awareness about substance abuse. Counseling is also available for youth who are either current substance abusers or are at high risk for substance abuse.
- National Training Center: PROCEED's National Center for Training, Support, and Technical Assistance provides capacity building, training, and technical assistance in the areas of organizational infrastructure enhancement, program and curriculum development, and implementation of HIV and substance abuse prevention interventions. Services are provided to various community-based organizations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands that actively provide, or are interested in providing, services to people at risk for and/or living with HIV/AIDS and agencies providing substance abuse prevention services.